Like everyone else, Mini First Aid has had to make LOTS of changes throughout the COVID 19 pandemic. Whilst we are disappointed that we cannot bring our kids classes to many of you in person, this has led to a real positive – your child can now learn first aid from the comfort of their own home! They can even use a favourite dolly or teddy to practice on! So, take a break from home schooling and banish those lockdown blues by learning a new skill this half term - here’s everything you need to know . . .
What age groups are the online kids classes for?
Our award winning first aid classes are available for children from as young as 3 years old:
- Our Early Years class is for 3-6 year olds
- Our Kids class is for 7-11 year olds
- Our Teens class is for 11-16 year olds
What will my kids learn during their lesson?
- Mini First Aid Early Years classes work with the Early Years Curriculum. Children learn about what happens to their bodies if they are hurt and how to get help from a grown up.
- Mini First Aid Kids is designed for children who are starting to be more independent and can understand basic first aid. In the 1-hour session, children learn to deal with bumps, burns, breaks and bleeding, carry out CPR and deal with choking.
- Mini First Aid Teens enables your child to deliver first aid if no adults were available. In the 2-hour session, they will learn to carry out CPR and deal with choking, deal with head injuries, burns, breaks, bleeding, asthma attacks and allergic reactions.
What our trainers say . . . .
Kate from our Wolverhampton, South Staffordshire and Lichfield franchise says:
“I feel very passionate about teaching children first aid - it is so important they learn these skills from an early age. You are never too young to save a life! My online classes are engaging and fun, and are structured to cover all the same content as our in person sessions. I keep groups nice and small, giving the children plenty of opportunity to interact and ask questions if they choose. It is wonderful that we can still educate our children during these challenging times.”
And Lyndsey from our Edinburgh and West Lothian franchise says:
“In the Mini First Aid Early Years class children learn about how to call for help, the importance of knowing their address and the recovery position. The class is interactive throughout to keep children engaged and interested!”
Can I book an online class with friends or family?
Yes! You can choose to make a private group booking, or simply join one of our open classes.
How do I book?
Click here, scroll down the page and type your postcode into “Find a class near you”. This will allow you to either book an online class direct, or send an enquiry form to your local trainer who will be in touch to arrange your child’s online lesson!
Happy half term folks, and we hope you enjoy some well deserved time off from home schooling!
The Mini First Aid Team x